As Hurricane Irene moves up the East Coast, we thought it might be useful to pull some resources for those folks living in the projected path of the storm. To all our Justia friends & family in Irene’s way, we hope she weakens, veers off “to the right” and that all you’ll be doing at most during the storm is mixing up a batch of these. Best of luck and batten down the hatches!
Hurricane Resource Center– from FEMA
The National Flood Insurance Program
- National Flood Insurance Program Insurance Agent Locator – from Floodsmart.gov
- National Flood Insurance Program Laws & Regulations
- 42 USC Chapter 50 National Flood Insurance
- 44 CFR Chapter 1 Emergency Management and Assistance
- FEMA Flood Insurance Library
Ready.gov — Resources and steps to take to protect yourself, your family and property.
NOAA – National Hurricane Center