36 U.S. Code § 110 designates June 14 as Flag Day to commemorate the anniversary of the adoption of the Stars and Stripes as the official flag of the United States by the Continental Congress on June 14, 1777.
Here are some proclamations by the President and governors in observance of Flag Day.
- Presidential Proclamation by Barack Obama in Observance of Flag Day and National Flag Week
- Alaska: Veterans Remembered Flag Day
- California: Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Flag Day
- Oklahoma: Flag Day and Flag Week
- Maine: Governor LePage Proclaims Thursday, June 14 as Flag Day in Maine
- New Jersey: Governor Chris Christie’s Statement on the Celebration of Flag Day
- Massachusetts: Flag Day